Peanut Butter and Jelly Fried Chicken Burger
Everything you need to make your own Peanut Better and Jelly Fried Chicken Burger, created by Bristol based Instagrammer Bristolian_Foodie.
- Joe's Bakery brioche burger bun
- 2 Tbsp Norty maple bacon peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp Heavenly Hedgerows strawberry and rhubarb Jam
- 4 Popti & Beast smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 200g Popti & Beast boneless chicken thighs
- 2 eggs from Popti & Beast
- 1 cup milk from The Estate Farm
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup plain flour from Pistrina
- 1.5 tbsp Hill & Vale All Italian Blend seasoning
- Preheat a deep fat fryer to 180°c
- To make the buttermilk, mix the milk and vinegar together in a bowl and leave to one side for 5mins.
- Beat the eggs in a second bowl and leave to one side.
- Mix the flour, seasoning and salt in a third bowl.
- Soak the chicken in the buttermilk, dip into the egg and then the flour. Then return to the egg and back to flour once again.
- Add the chicken piece to the fryer and cook until golden brown and cooked throughly (estimated 20mins)
- Cook the bacon rashers nice and crispy.
- Assemble your burger from the bottom up (bottom half of bun, jam, chicken, peanut butter, bacon, jam, chicken, peanut butter, bacon, jam, top half of bun)
Pairs with Wiper & True's Deckchair (raspberry wheat beer). For a meat free variation, switch out the chicken and bacon for Soy Ahoy's deep fried seitan "Chicken" and fake bacon joint.